Download complete application: Healthcare Scholarship Application 2015-2016 PDF
Silver Cross Healthy Community Commission
2015-16 Healthcare Scholarship Application
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the scholarships is to provide financial assistance to those individuals pursuing a course of instruction for healthcare related programs.
Amount of Scholarship
The amount of the scholarship will be determined based on the program selected. Scholarships may be used for tuition, books, and school fees.
Completed application must be received by April 30, 2015. Candidates will be notified if they are selected for an interview by May 30, 2015. Written notification of scholarship awards will be sent to candidates by June 30, 2015.
Participants selected for scholarship funding must meet the following criteria:
- High school graduate or GED graduate
- Live within zip codes 60432, 60433, 60436 and Lockport District (#89) 60441
- Meet admission requirements to program of choice
Course of Study
Street Address _______________________________________________________________________________________________
City, State, Zip _______________________________________________________________________________________________
Home Phone _________________________________________________________________________________________________
Work Phone _________________________________________________________________________________________________
E-mail Address _______________________________________________________________________________________________
List schools attended or training received. Provide name of school and dates attended.
High School or GED___________________________________________________________________________________________
Trade or Vocational School_____________________________________________________________________________________
College / University___________________________________________________________________________________________
Military / Other_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Are you currently attending college or school? ___ Yes ___ No
- Are you currently working? ___ Yes ___ No
- Have you previously applied for a Silver Cross Healthy Community Commission Scholarship? ___ Yes ___ No
- Are you a recipient of a Silver Cross Healthy Community Commission Scholarship? ___ Yes ___ No
• Applications must be completed and received by the deadline to be considered for a scholarship.
• 3 letters of reference (from people not related to you who are familiar with your life experience and your character).
• A personal statement explaining why you chose this particular course of study and what you hope to achieve. Feel free to include any information about yourself which might be helpful to the selection committee in its evaluation.
• After the interviews, applicants will receive a written notice advising them whether they have been awarded a scholarship.
• A letter of acceptance / admission from the school of your choice to indicate admission requirements met
• Prior to check distribution each recipient must submit a class schedule.
• For questions, please contact Leslie Newbon, Senior Community Relations Coordinator,