Toys and In-kind Donations
Thank you for your interest in donating toys for patients at Silver Cross Hospital. Donation of toys and useful items are needed year-round for our patients.Silver Cross Hospital greatly appreciates all donations. For the health and safety of our patients and visitors, donors will not be allowed to deliver items directly to the patients. All donations must be accepted and approved by the Silver Cross Foundation.
Guidelines to Help Ensure Safety and Infection Prevention
- Based on the infection control guidelines, all toys and stuffed animals must be new and unwrapped.
- Stuffed animals or any style of plush toy cannot be accepted unless they are in the original manufacturer’s packaging.
- Recommended age labeling should be used as a guide. Read safety messages on packaging.
- Toys must be non-toxic.
- Toys with numerous small parts that require close supervision are not appropriate.
- Fire regulations prohibit electrical, spark-producing or friction-producing toys.
- Silver Cross is a latex-free hospital, so please make sure your items do not contain latex. (i.e. Balloons)
Approved Gift List
Infants and toddlers
Stacking rings, seals and packaged dolls, Fisher Price toys, V-Tech toys, toy telephones, trucks, sight and sound books, pop-up books, See N ’Says, shape sorters, musical and/or light up toys, Legos (large pieces only), rattles, crib activity center, play gym, non-breakable infant crib mirrors.
Lego (large pieces), puzzles (large pieces), cars, truck, play doctor kits, Magna Doodle, Leapfrog educational toys, Matchbox/Hot Wheels cars, dinosaur and farm animals, sealed and packaged baby dolls, , Fisher Price toys, Etch A Sketch Tykes toys, touch books, Baby Einstein products, coloring books, big crayons and batteries.
Legos, Barbie's, markers, 25-100 piece puzzles, Magna Doodle, Games –(Monopoly Junior, Sorry, Connect Four, Guess Who, LIFE, Trouble, Apples to Apples, Checkers), small trucks, Crayola art kits, coloring books and crayons, action figures, superhero toys, handheld electronic games, , "I Spy" books, clothing items and batteries.
$5 gift cards (iTunes, Target, Wal-Mart), Loom bracelet kits, large-sized blankets, playing cards and card games (UNO, Scrabble Slam, Monopoly Deal), checkers, chess, model kits, sketch pads, drawing & charcoal pencils, word search and crossword puzzles, hair accessories, handheld games, cosmetics (hand lotion, body sponges, soaps), journals, NERF footballs and other sport balls, sports equipment, nail polish, Wii boy/girl games, and batteries.
Items that we cannot accept
- Used items
- Beanie babies
- Breakable items, porcelain, glass, handmade wooden toys, or collectable items
- Items that are gift-wrapped (all items need to be checked for appropriateness before giving to a patient)
- Items that have been exposed to smoke or other strong scents
- Rubber/latex balloons are not allowed inside the hospitals.
- Medical equipment
- Toys, books, or movies with sensitive issues (violence, weapons)
- We are unable to accept any medical equipment from individuals including wheelchairs, canes and walkers.
Donated items that are not appropriate for patients will be given to the Silver Cross Encore resale Shop to sell. All proceeds benefit Silver Cross Hospital.
- If you have any questions or would like to schedule a drop off appointment for a large donation, contact:
Silver Cross Foundation