Silver Cross Hospital Honors 500 Club Volunteers
New Lenox, IL (July 17, 2013)—At a recent luncheon Silver Cross Hospital honored members of the 500 Club Volunteers who graciously donated 500 or more hours of their time in a 12 month period by working in various departments within Silver Cross Hospital.
PHOTO CAPTION:Silver Cross Hospital honored members of the 500 Club Volunteers who graciously donated 500 or more hours of their time in a 12 month period by working in various departments within Silver Cross Hospital. Pictured in the front row from left to right are: Joseph Castelloni, Edith Schalk, Audry Dores, Stuart Switt, Bill Kargle, and in the back row from left to right are: Mary Martino, Marge Persico, Ruth Brown, Judy Wasilkoff, Jeff Kubinski, Dan Shew, Mary Wereldsma,Brian Hutson, Henry Kohut, and Jim Pitcarin.
These volunteers have worked in various parts of the hospital performing a variety of roles including:
- Joe Castelloni (Manhattan) greets patients and delivers complimentary newspapers
- Edith Schalk (Lemont) welcomes guests in the Main Lobby, Women and Infant Services Birthing Center and University of Chicago Medicine Comprehensive Cancer Center at Silver Cross
- Audrey Dorey (New Lenox) greets guests in the Procedural Care Unit (PCU) and Women and Infant Services Birthing Center
- Stuart Switt (Mokena) and Bill Kargle (Joliet) transport guests in the PCU plus they greet and transport in the Main Lobby
- Mary Martino (New Lenox) and Marge Persico (New Lenox) welcome and escort guests in PCU
- Ruth Brown (New Lenox) greets guests to PCU
- Judy Wasilkoff (Mokena) greets and transports guests in PCU; provides clerical support in Wound Healing & Treatment Center and welcomes guests to the Emergency Department
- Jeff Kubinski (New Lenox) drives the courtesy guest transportation vehicles, as well as greets and escorts guests to Pavilions A and B
- Dan Shew (Lockport) greets guests in Guest Serviceshttp://www.silvercross.org/about-us/replacement-hospital/pavilion-b
- Mary Wereldsma escorts and transports guests in PCU
- Brian Hutson (Lockport) greets guests and transports in the main lobby, does maintenance on wheelchairs and repairs items donated to the Silver Cross Encore Resale Shop
- Henry Kohut (Homer Glen) drives the courtesy guest transportation vehicles
- Jim Pitcarin (New Lenox) greets, escorts and transports guests in the Emergency Department.
“We appreciate the dedicated service of all of the volunteers of Silver Cross Hospital and especially wish to recognize this elite group who each has given over 500 hours of service in the past 12 months,” said Laura Valencik, Silver Cross Director of Volunteers Services.
About Silver Cross Hospital
Silver Cross Hospital is a not-for-profit health care provider serving Will County and southwest suburban communities since 1895. Silver Cross has been recognized as a Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals National Award winner for seven consecutive years and as a Hospital of Choice by the American Alliance of Healthcare Providers. With over 3,000 employees, physicians and volunteers, Silver Cross operates a 289-bed acute care hospital and 9 satellite facilities providing outpatient services and physician offices. Silver Cross opened a state-of-the-art replacement hospital on February 26, 2012 at I-355 and Route 6 in New Lenox. To learn more about Silver Cross Hospital or a referral to a physician on staff, visit www.silvercross.org or call 1-888-660-HEAL (4325).