Silver Cross Charity Golf Classic Raises $137,000 for Replacement Hospital
Joliet, IL (July 26, 2010)—The Silver Cross Foundation raised $137,000 at the 19th Annual Charity Golf Classic on June 21. Held at the historic Midlothian Country Club, more than 200 golfers came out to support Silver Cross Hospital’s Replacement Hospital.
“Thanks to the Golf Outing committee and volunteers, we are one step closer to continuing to provide the highest quality, personalized health care to the people of Joliet and the entire region through the building of a replacement hospital that is modern and designed for tomorrow’s technology,” said Larry Johnson, Vice President of the Silver Cross Foundation. “Our continued commitment to enhancing the Silver Cross Experience is just one of the reasons why we are one of the 100 Top Hospital in the nation for six consecutive years,” adds Johnson.
Silver Cross Hospital plans a replacement hospital at the intersection of U.S. Route 6 and the I-355 extension, three short miles from its current campus, to ensure it can continue its mission of providing healthcare to all area residents for the next century. The Hospital will have 289 beds and be over 600,000 square feet. The project is on schedule and it is anticipated that the Hospital will open in early 2012 as planned.
Silver Cross Hospital is the only community hospital in the Chicago area to be named a Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals National Award Winner for six consecutive years. The new facility will be designed to ensure Silver Cross achieves the same level of excellence for generations to come. Highlights will include:
• An enhanced partnership with Children’s Memorial Hospital and the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (RIC) – the #1 Rehabilitation Hospital in the Nation, bringing increased pediatric and rehabilitation expertise to Will County.
• Hospital’s design will create efficiencies between departments and promote an environment that helps patients heal faster.
• All 289 patient rooms built to accommodate today’s medical technology to reduce unnecessary transfers, the risk of infection and injury.
• Integration of evidence-based design has been proven to help in the healing process and contribute to a speedier recovery for patients. Some of the many ways that evidence-based design is being used into the replacement hospital is with large, private patient rooms, natural and enhanced lighting, sound and noise control, cheerful yet calming colors, ties to nature, bedside care and dedicated family areas to improve care with more personalized treatment.
• More efficient environment that reduces wait times. Easier way-finding for visitors and patients.
• The Silver Cross Center for Women’s Health, set in a soothing, spa-like environment, will continue to offer the latest breast cancer testing available–full field digital mammography, breast ultrasound and breast biopsies, bone densitometry and baseline heart screenings.
• In addition to advanced diagnostic services, women can see top-notch specialists at the Center for Women’s Health from the University of Chicago including an uro-gynecologist and reproductive endocrinologist. For a video tour of the Center for Women’s Health, visit www.IMatter.silvercross.org.
To assist the area’s only community hospital in its initiative to bring state-of-the-art lifesaving services close to home, call the Silver Cross Foundation at (815) 740-7105. Silver Cross Hospital, a not-for-profit health care provider, has been creating world-class health care experiences for the southwest suburban communities for over a century. Silver Cross has been recognized as one of our nation’s 100 Top Hospitals by Thomson Reuters for six consecutive years and as one of America’s Most Customer Friendly Hospitals by the American Alliance of Healthcare Providers. For information on Silver Cross Hospital call 1-888-660-HEAL (4325) or visit www.silvercross.org.
(l-r) Henry Fuentes, M.D., orthopedic surgeon with Parkview Orthopaedics Group; Michael DeMaertelaere, D.O., family practice physician with Hedges Clinic; Christopher Udovich, D.O, family practice physician with Hedges Clinic; and Tom Murphy, Administrative Director of Surgical Services at Silver Cross Hospital participated in the Silver Cross Charity Golf Classic on June 28 at Midlothian Country Club. The annual event raised $137,000 for the Silver Cross Replacement Hospital.