Silver Cross Charity Golf Classic Raises $134,000 for Replacement Hospital
Joliet, IL (July 7, 2011) — The Silver Cross Foundation raised $134,000 at the 20th Annual Charity Golf Classic on June 27. Held at the historic Midlothian Country Club, more than 200 golfers came out to support the Silver Cross Replacement Hospital.
“Thanks to the Golf Outing committee and volunteers, we are one step closer to continuing to provide the highest quality, personalized health care to the people of Joliet and the entire region through the building of a replacement hospital that is modern and designed for tomorrow’s technology,” said Larry Johnson, Vice President of the Silver Cross Foundation. “Our continued commitment to enhancing the Silver Cross Experience is just one of the reasons why we are one of the 100 Top Hospital in the nation for seven consecutive years,” adds Johnson.
Caption: (l-r) Pictured are Midwest Respiratory, LTD. physicians Alexander Sosenko, M.D., (Silver Cross Hospital Chief of Staff), Kristopher McDonough, M.D., Amar Garapati, M.D., and Muhammed Lababidy, M.D., participated in the Silver Cross Charity Golf Classic on June 27 at Midlothian Country Club. The annual event raised $134,000 for the Silver Cross Replacement Hospital opening Feb. 26, 2012 in New Lenox.
Silver Cross Hospital plans a replacement hospital at the intersection of U.S. Route 6 and the I-355 extension, three short miles from its current campus, to ensure it can continue its mission of providing healthcare to all area residents for the next century. The Hospital will have 289 beds and be over 600,000 square feet. The project is on schedule and will open February 26, 2012.
Silver Cross Hospital is the only community hospital in the Chicago area to be named a Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals National Award Winner for seven consecutive years. The new facility will be designed to ensure Silver Cross achieves the same level of excellence for generations to come. Highlights will include:
- An enhanced partnership with Children’s Memorial Hospital, the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (RIC) – the #1 Rehabilitation Hospital in the Nation, and the University of Chicago Medical Center (UCMC) – creating the UCMC Cancer Center at Silver Cross, bringing increased pediatric, rehabilitation and cancer expertise to Will County.
- Hospital’s design will create efficiencies between departments and promote an environment that helps patients heal faster.
- All 289 patient rooms built to accommodate today’s medical technology to reduce unnecessary transfers, the risk of infection and injury.
- Integration of evidence-based design has been proven to help in the healing process and contribute to a speedier recovery for patients. Some of the many ways that evidence-based design is being used into the replacement hospital is with large, private patient rooms, natural and enhanced lighting, sound and noise control, cheerful yet calming colors, ties to nature, bedside care and dedicated family areas to improve care with more personalized treatment.
- More efficient environment that reduces wait times. Easier way-finding for visitors and patients.
- The Silver Cross Center for Women’s Health, set in a soothing, spa-like environment, will continue to offer the latest breast cancer testing available–full field digital mammography, breast ultrasound and breast biopsies, bone densitometry and baseline heart screenings.
- In addition to advanced diagnostic services, women can see top-notch specialists at the Center for Women’s Health from the University of Chicago including an uro-gynecologist and reproductive endocrinologist. For a video tour of the Center for Women’s Health, visit www.IMatter.silvercross.org.
To assist the area’s only community hospital in its initiative to bring state-of-the-art lifesaving services close to home, call the Silver Cross Foundation at (815) 740-7105.
About Silver Cross Hospital
Silver Cross Hospital is a not-for-profit health care provider serving Will County and southwest suburban communities since 1895. Silver Cross has been recognized as a Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals National Award winner for the last seven consecutive years and as one of America’s Most Customer Friendly Hospitals by the American Alliance of Healthcare Providers. With over 2,900 employees, physicians and volunteers, Silver Cross operates a 304-bed acute care hospital and eight satellite facilities providing outpatient services and physician offices. Construction has begun to build a state-of-the-art replacement hospital opening in 2012 in New Lenox. To learn more about Silver Cross Hospital or a referral to a physician on staff, visit www.silvercross.org or call 1-888-660-HEAL (4325).