Joliet, IL (May 4, 2011)—The Silver Cross Foundation will host its 20th Annual Charity Golf Classic on Monday, June 27 at the historic Midlothian Country Club. All proceeds will benefit the Silver Cross Replacement Hospital.
Registration for the golf outing is at 6:45 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. followed by a Shot Gun Start at 7:15 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. Special prizes will be awarded for the Longest Drive, charity “Split the Pot,” Closest to the Pin and Hole-in-One. Lunch will be served at 11 a.m. and cocktails will begin at 5:30 p.m. with the Presentation of Awards at 6:15 p.m. with dinner to follow.
Midlothian Country Club requires plastic spikes on all golf shoes, collared shirts and no denim.
To register or for information about sponsorship opportunities for the Silver Cross Foundation’s Golf Classic, call (815) 740-7105.
About the Silver Cross Replacement Hospital
Silver Cross Hospital is building a replacement hospital at Route 6 and I-355 in New Lenox to ensure it can continue its mission of providing healthcare to all area residents for the next century. The Hospital will have 289 beds and be over 600,000 square feet. The project is on schedule and will open on February 26, 2012.
Silver Cross Hospital is the only community hospital in the Chicago area to be named a Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals National Award Winner for seven consecutive years. The new facility will be designed to ensure Silver Cross achieves the same level of excellence for generations to come. Highlights include:
• Enhanced partnerships with Children’s Memorial Hospital and the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (RIC) – the #1 Rehabilitation Hospital in the Nation, and the University of Chicago Medical Center bringing increased pediatric, rehabilitation and oncology expertise to Will County.
• Hospital’s design will create efficiencies between departments and promote an environment that helps patients heal faster.
• All patient rooms built to accommodate today’s medical technology to reduce unnecessary transfers, the risk of infection and injury.
• Integration of evidence-based design has been proven to help in the healing process and contribute to a speedier recovery for patients. Some of the many ways that evidence-based design is being used into the replacement hospital is with large, private patient rooms, natural and enhanced lighting, sound and noise control, cheerful yet calming colors, ties to nature, bedside care and dedicated family areas to improve care with more personalized treatment.
• More efficient environment that reduces wait times. Easier way-finding for visitors and patients.
• The Silver Cross Center for Women’s Health, set in a soothing, spa-like environment, will continue to offer the latest breast cancer testing available–full field digital mammography, breast ultrasound and breast biopsies, bone densitometry and baseline heart screenings.
• In addition to advanced diagnostic services, women can see top-notch specialists at the Center for Women’s Health from the University of Chicago including an uro-gynecologist and reproductive endocrinologist. For a video tour of the Center for Women’s Health, visit www.IMatter.silvercross.org.
About Silver Cross Hospital
Silver Cross Hospital is a not-for-profit health care provider serving Will County and southwest suburban communities since 1895. Silver Cross has been recognized as a Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals National Award winner for the last seven consecutive years and as one of America’s Most Customer Friendly Hospitals by the American Alliance of Healthcare Providers. With over 2,900 employees, physicians and volunteers, Silver Cross operates a 304-bed acute care hospital and eight satellite facilities providing outpatient services and physician offices. Construction has begun to build a state-of-the-art replacement hospital opening in 2012 in New Lenox. To learn more about Silver Cross Hospital or a referral to a physician on staff, visit www.silvercross.org or call 1-888-660-HEAL (4325).