For more than 35 years, the Silver Cross Renal Centers continue to be the largest provider of dialysis services in Will & Gundy Counties.
We offer you a choice of treatments:
- Hemodialysis at 3 convenient locations
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Home hemodialysis (pending Medicare certification)
You will have a team of qualified healthcare professionals to develop your individual plan of care.
Highly Skilled and Educated Staff
- Over 40 licensed nurses with individuals certified in nephrology care
- Nurses who are dedicated to vascular access and anemia management
- Certified dialysis technicians
- Master’s prepared social workers
- Licensed dietitians to help you with your needs
Care at the Silver Cross Renal Centers is under the direction of Pretti Nagarkatte, M.D., who serves as Medical Director and leads Northeast Nephrology Consultants—the largest group of doctors specializing in kidney care in area. Her partners are:
In addition to Northeast Nephrology Consultants, there are 5 other referring nephrologists on staff at Silver Cross Hospital including:
With three convenient locations, the Silver Cross Renal Centers provide state-of-the-art equipment to give you the best possible dialysis treatment.
- Silver Cross Renal Center - East (14 stations)
1200 Maple Rd.
Expanding to 19 stations and relocating to the Silver Cross Replacement Hospital campus-Pavilion A in February 2012.
- Silver Cross Renal Center - West (29 stations)
1051 Essington Rd.
- Silver Cross Renal Center - Morris (9 stations)
1551 Creek Dr.
Our clinical outcomes are excellent and patient satisfaction scores are among the best in the country. In addition, Silver Cross has been recognized as one of the 100 Top Hospitals in the nation for the past 6 consecutive years.
Kidney Transplant Services
We are pro-transplant and work closely with our patients and several Chicago hospital transplant facilities as well as the Gift of Hope. Designated nurses are assigned to coordinate transplant services for our patients. Silver Cross averages about 5 transplants per quarter.
- Patient rehabilitation program
- Patient education services; includes education and counseling for the pre-end stage renal disease patient and family
- Quarterly Dialysis Support Group