Introducing the da Vinci Surgical System
One of the single most exciting new technologies in the new hospital is the da Vinci robot known as The da Vinci Si™ Surgical System. Silver Cross Hospital is proud to bring such state-of-the art technology to area residents.
With the addition of the da Vinci Si™ Surgical System, Silver Cross surgeons are able to perform procedures with the most advanced robotic-assisted surgical technology available.
The da Vinci is designed to facilitate complex surgery using a minimally invasive approach. The system combines a surgeon's skill with precision technology to provide patients with the newest minimally invasive option for complex surgeries including prostatectomies, gynecologic surgical procedures and cardiac valve repairs.
Compared to traditional open surgeries, patients benefit from smaller incisions, minimal bleeding, shorter hospital stays and faster, less painful recoveries.
How does it Work?
Controlled by a surgeon from a console, physicians use the innovative da Vinci robot, to make 1-2 cm incisions then insert long, delicate instruments into the patient that enable the doctor to perform the surgery. The System cannot be programmed, nor can it make decisions by itself. The da Vinci System requires that every surgical movement be performed with direct input from the surgeon.
Silver Cross Hospital has performed hundreds of surgeries using the da Vinci robot.
Silver Cross Surgeons Performing Surgery Using the da Vinci Si™ Surgical System:
Physicians on the Silver Cross Medical Staff, who are credentialed to perform surgery using the da Vinci Si™ Surgical System include:
- Amy Abouzied, M.D., gynecology
- Dorothy Anoina, M.D., obstetrician/gynecologist
- Dexter Arrington, M.D., obstetrician/gynecologist
- Eric Bass, M.D., general surgeon
- Luke Cho, M.D., urology
- Sandra Culbertson, M.D., urogynecologist
- Mark Danielson, M.D., general surgeon
- Reza Gamagami, M.D., general surgeon
- Francisco Garcini, M.D., Ph.D., obstetrician/gynecologist
- Monique Jones, obstetricain/gynecologist
- Marius Katilius, M.D., general surgeon
- Thomas Kazmierczak, D.O., obstetrician/gynecologist
- Nita Lee, M.D., obstetrician/gynecologist
- Nahla Merhi, M.D., gynecologist
- Thai Nguyen, M.D., urologist
- Daniel Pacella, D.O.,F.A.C.S., general surgeon
- Thomas Vasdekas, M.D., general surgeon
- Peter Vienne, D.O., obstetrician/gynecologist
- Seiko Yamada, M.D., gynecologic/oncology
Physicians on Silver Cross Hospital’s Medical Staff have expertise in their areas of practice to meet the needs of patients seeking their care. These physicians are independent practitioners on the Medical Staff and are not the agents or employees of Silver Cross Hospital. They treat patients based upon their independent medical judgment and they bill patients separately for their services.