Rehabilitation - RIC
Cancer and Lymphedema Care
If you are a cancer patient or survivor, it’s critical that you maintain the things in life that are important to you—your energy, your mobility, your activity level. The therapists at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago at Silver Cross use evidenced-based treatment to address your physical and cognitive concerns caused by the disease and treatment. Our therapy programs focus on helping you to meet your challenges and achieve your highest ability.
The recovery process for cancer survivors is about achieving one’s highest potential. The Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (RIC) at Silver Cross Hospital provides treatment that goes beyond medical and surgical treatment options.
RIC at Silver Cross professionals offer evaluation, therapeutic services and patient education for the following Cancer related conditions:
- Fatigue, pain, joint stiffness, weakness, limited mobility, neuropathy, swallowing difficulty, speech difficulty, scar management, post-radiation skin and tissue changes, cognitive impairment, bowel and bladder dysfunction.
- Prevention and treatment for Lymphedema (swelling following the removal of lymph nodes) is provided by a LANA certified therapist. This treatment consists of education, manual lymph drainage, compression bandaging and garment fitting, exercise, and long term home management.
Our professionals have experience working with all types of cancers including:
- Blood, Bone, Brain, Breast, Childhood, Digestive, Head and Neck, Lung, Pelvic, Prostate, Reproductive, Skin, and Spinal
RIC care is available nearby offering early morning, evening and weekend hours. For more information or to schedule an appointment with a physician’s order, contact a Silver Cross location close to you.
Silver Cross Hospital
Outpatient Rehabilitation Services
Cancer and Lymphedema Rehabilitation
1890 Silver Cross Blvd., New Lenox, IL 60451
For More Information
Call (815) 300-7110
RIC Patient Success Stories
- Pet Therapy Dog Helps Inspire Schoolgirl with Prosthetic Leg Reclaim Mobility
- Therapy Helps New Lenox Toddler with Prosthetic Foot Reclaim Mobility
- Lockport resident walks again after near death accident with the help of physical therapy from the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago at Silver Cross in Homer Glen
- RIC Therapy Helps Kindergartner with Brain Cancer Reclaim Mobility
Recent RIC News
Recent RIC News