Silver Cross Hospital offers a variety of childbirth education programs including:
- Baby Basics: Parents-to-be and new parents can learn about their baby’s physical care and health, using child care, common problems, stress management and developing positive child guidance skills at a special one day program.
- Breastfeeding Class: Learn the basics of breastfeeding, including establishing a good milk supply, pumps, avoiding difficulties and more. Participants are welcome to bring their newborns and/or attend before the birth of their baby.
- Prepared Childbirth Class: Participants will receive instruction from the Birthing Center staff on breathing, relaxation and floor exercise techniques in this 4-week class. Labor, delivery, recovery, post-partum and other birthing options are also discussed. Tour is included.
- Cesarean Birth Class: This class is designed to support the needs of families getting ready to experience a cesarean birth. The class covers information for cesarean preparation, the surgical procedure and anesthesia, the recovery period and the hospital experience. The class includes a hospital tour oriented towards cesarean parents.
- Sibling Class: During this class, we'll have circle time to talk about what to expect and and see photos of newborns with their siblings. Children will get a chance to hold a baby doll and practice being gentle. We'll read a story about new babies and the "big feelings" that a sibling can have (don't forget your camera, parents!)
Advanced registration for childbirth classes is required online or by calling 1-888-660-HEAL (4325).
Birthing Center Tours
Silver Cross Hospital provides free personal tours of our attractive Birthing Center for soon-to-be parents and grandparents. We invite you to tour the Silver Cross Birthing Center in person. Simply call 1-888-660-HEAL (4325) or click here to request an appointment.