Knowing how to prevent a stroke is important. Knowing where to go can save your life. The Silver Cross Neuroscience Institute is here for you, with a staff of experienced specialists offering the full continuum of care that includes:
- preventing strokes and halting them in their path
- diagnosing and treating brain tumors and malformations of the cerebral vascular system,
- and providing the necessary treatment and rehabilitation.
You can feel confident knowing you or your loved one is receiving quality care. The physicians and program are nationally recognized.
- Silver Cross is designated as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
- Our stroke program received the American Heart/American Stroke Association’s Get with the Guidelines Stroke Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award.
- Our partnership with The Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago—ranked the best rehabilitation hospital in the U.S. by U.S. News & World Report every year since 1991, allows patients to recover close to home at Silver Cross Hospital.
- Dr. Harish Shownkeen*, Medical Director of the Neuro Interventional Surgery Program, has been named as a Top Doctor in U.S. News & World Report. He is an expert in the use of minimally invasive endovascular approaches to diagnose and treat stroke, aneurysms, and cerebrovascular disease.
Learn more. Request to have a Stroke Awareness Kit mailed to your home. Call 1-888-660-HEAL (4325) or click here.
*Physicians on Silver Cross Hospital’s Medical Staff have expertise in their areas of practice to meet the needs of patients seeking their care. These physicians are independent practitioners on the Medical Staff and are not the agents or employees of Silver Cross Hospital. They treat patients based upon their independent medical judgment and they bill patients separately for their services.