Knowing how to prevent a stroke is important. Knowing where to go can save your life. The Silver Cross Neuroscience Institute is here for you, with a staff of experienced specialists offering the full continuum of care that includes:
- preventing strokes and halting them in their path
- diagnosing and treating brain tumors and malformations of the cerebral vascular system,
- and providing the necessary treatment and rehabilitation.
You can feel confident knowing you or your loved one is receiving quality care. The physicians and program are nationally recognized.
- Silver Cross is designated as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
- Our stroke program received the American Heart/American Stroke Association’s Get with the Guidelines Stroke Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award.
- Our partnership with The Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago—ranked the best rehabilitation hospital in the U.S. by U.S. News & World Report every year since 1991, allows patients to recover close to home at Silver Cross Hospital.
- Dr. Harish Shownkeen*, Medical Director of the Neuro Interventional Surgery Program, has been named as a Top Doctor in U.S. News & World Report. He is an expert in the use of minimally invasive endovascular approaches to diagnose and treat stroke, aneurysms, and cerebrovascular disease.
Learn more. Request to have a Stroke Awareness Kit mailed to your home. Call 1-888-660-HEAL (4325) or click here.