Behavioral Health/Chemical Dependency
Inpatient Behavioral Health Program
The Inpatient Behavioral Health Program at Silver Cross Hospital provides intensive treatment in a safe environment for patients who are experiencing acute behavioral health symptoms. Treatment is provided in a structured and respectful environment, and includes a variety of treatment approaches to best meet each patient’s individual needs. Patients receive treatment from a diverse team of registered nurses, social workers, behavioral health technicians, and recreational therapists, under the direction of a psychiatrist.
We strongly value the role that family, other loved ones, and referring treatment providers serve in our patient’s treatment process. Our treatment approach relies heavily on collaborating with family, friends, and outside providers to contribute to developing the individual’s treatment plan and working towards successful discharge.
- 18 years of age or older and out of high school
- Experiencing acute behavioral health symptoms that require inpatient hospitalization and stabilization
- Able to participate in and benefit from the unit milieu and group therapy
- Accepted for admission by a psychiatrist on staff at Silver Cross Hospital
- Psychiatric and Medical Treatment
- Nursing Services
- Social Services
- Medication Management and Education
- Interdisciplinary Assessment and Evaluation
- Chemical Dependency Assessment and Referral
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Patient/Family Education
- Recreational Therapy
- Milieu Therapy
- Discharge Planning
Services are covered by most major health insurances, Medicaid, and Medicare.
Refer a Patient
Information on admission and referrals may be obtained 24 hours per day, seven days per week at (815) 300-1053. Patients can also be referred to the Silver Cross Emergency Department for immediate evaluation for admission.