Wound Healing & Treatment Center
The Wound Healing & Treatment Center at Silver Cross is a comprehensive, interdisciplinary outpatient center. We are dedicated to the management of chronic and non-healing wounds. The Center is staffed by specially trained Certified Wound Ostomy Continence Nurses (CWOCNs) that evaluate each patient and develop an individual plan of care. Healing wounds is a complex process that requires an accurate diagnosis and a thorough assessment using the patient’s history and physical, lab values, and other tests as needed. Many factors such as inactivity, age, poor nutrition and chronic illnesses— such as diabetes or peripheral vascular disease, can affect wound healing. It is important to address these issues to improve the body’s ability to heal. Once your individual needs have been identified, the proper treatment, education and follow-up visits will help you achieve the best outcome— a healed wound.
Pictured left: Andrea McIntosh, Jodi Blaszczyk, and Carol Walters.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Treatments & Services
- Comprehensive Assessment and Recommendation for Wound Therapies
- Advanced Wound Care Products
- Non-Invasive Vascular Studies
- Compression Therapy for Venous Ulcers
- Assessment and Treatment of Diabetic Ulcers
- Prevention and Treatment of Pressure Ulcers
- Care for Draining Wounds including Surgical Incisions and Fistulas
- Cellulitis Treatment
- Ostomy Managemen
- Negative Pressure Therapy (Wound V.A.C.™)
- Evaluation and Post-Op Care of Skin Substitutes
Syed Bokhari M.D., FACS, FRCS
Surgeon, Medical Director Wound Care Center
Andrea McIntosh, RN, BSN, CWOCN, APN/CCNS
Wound Healing & Treatment Center Manager
Jodi Blaszczyk, RN, BSN, CWOCN, APN/CCNS
Carol Walters, RN, MSN, CWON, APN/CCNS
Patients are referred to the Center by their primary care physician. If you do not have a physician, please call the free Silver Cross Physician Referral Service at 1-888-660-HEAL (4325) or visit www.silvercross.org.