Outpatient Infusion Center
Expert Clinical Care in an Outpatient Setting
The Outpatient Infusion Center at Silver Cross Hospital offers convenience for patients who require frequent infusions of medications, including those with central lines. We work with a diverse population of patients, including:
- Cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy
- Patients with blood disorders
- Patients requiring intravenous antibiotics
- Patients requiring frequent medication injections
- Other patients who require intravenous treatments, but are not hospitalized
The Outpatient Infusion Center specializes in intravenous (IV) treatments. The Infusion Center offers a comfortable and convenient alternative to receiving infusion services as an inpatient or in the emergency room. Patients receive their infusion in a comfortable recliner in a private treatment bay and may watch television, listen to music, read or just relax.
Services and treatments provided include, but are not limited to:
- Central line catheter care
- Hydration therapy
- IV antibiotic therapy
- IV immune globulin
- Intramuscular injections
- Monoclonal antibodies
- Subcutaneous injections
- Therapeutic phlebotomy
- Transfusions of blood products
Supplemental services support the clinical care provided during each visit and are tailored to meet the unique needs of each individual patient. To create an optimal care experience, our team also:
- Provides assessment and evaluations
- Supplies educational and instructional materials
- Offers procuring specimens for lab testing required for medication management
- Provides updates to the primary physician
- Participates in ongoing utilization reviews with the primary physician to promote the best treatment outcomes
- Provides documentation in the form of treatment and utilization reports, progress notes, nursing assessments and discharge summaries
We are committed to creating the best care experience for our patients. In addition to facilitating IV treatments, we teach patients how to care for themselves during therapy so they can be active participants in their own healthcare.
Infusion services are provided by experienced nurse clinicians who specialize in intravenous treatments. These nurses have advanced certification in oncology nursing. In addition, a clinical pharmacist is available to assist nursing staff in the pharmacologic management of certain disease states requiring frequent medication administration.
Location and Hours
The Outpatient Infusion Center is located in the Specialty Care Pavilion on the Silver Cross Hospital campus in Joliet. The Center is open Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. We work with patients to provide a treatment schedule that provides minimal disruption to their activities of daily living. Families are welcomed and encouraged to accompany patients, as involvement and understanding of the clinical regimen supports compliance.
Call for an Appointment
To schedule an appointment in the Outpatient Infusion Center, please call (815) 300-7134. After hours you may leave a message including your name, your physician, the type of treatment you are seeking and a convenient time to reach you. Calls will be returned on the next day.
A physician's order is required for treatment.