Silver Cross Mission, Vision & Values
Our mission is to improve the health of those we serve and advance wellness in our community.
We, the Silver Cross Family, are known for our culture of excellence and will deliver an unrivaled healthcare experience for patients, their families and the communities we serve.
We, as members of Silver Cross Hospital team, are dedicated to meeting the needs of the people we serve by living our Core Values of:
Safety — do no harm
Inclusiveness – work collaboratively and transparently
Leadership — take initiative, demonstrate professionalism and be accountable
Virtue — demonstrate integrity and ethical behaviors
Excellence —achieve distinction for high reliability in quality and service
Respect —honor the feelings, traditions, and rights of others.
Standards of Conduct
1. Promote quality health care and ethical behavior
2. Ensure compliance with the law
3. Demonstrate respect, fairness, and courtesy in the workplace
4. Understand, avoid and disclose conflicts of interest
5. Maintain confidentiality of information
6. Ensure safety and security
1. Speak up for patient safety
2. Wear your name badge appropriately
3. Always give explanations of processes
4. Escort patients and visitors
5. Keep the environment clean
6. Always greet patients, visitors, and colleagues
7. Always introduce yourself
1. Support Each Other
2. Ask Questions
3. Focus on the Details
4. Explain Clearly
Our Commitment to Safety
Silver Cross is committed to patient safety, quality, and performance improvement. The result of this commitment can be seen in our recent awards of “The Triple Crown for Healthcare” “100 Top Hospital, CMS 5-Star Rating, and Leapfrog A” which was proudly received in 2021. Patient Safety, Quality, and Process Improvement is accomplished through ongoing efforts of hospital committees such as our Quality Improvement Council (QIC), Falls Task Force, Sepsis Task Force, and our Patient and Family Advisory Counsel (PFAC), just to name a few. Our employees are required to be trained in our Culture of Safety and safety behaviors that assist with the reduction of preventable harm to patients and employees. Quality dashboards assist with tracking performance throughout our organization and aid in facilitation for follow up on actionable items that will drive performance improvement. All of these efforts are reported to the Governance Board’s Quality Committee which meets on a regular basis to review and discuss quality and safety at Silver Cross Hospital.