Published on August 04, 2020
Mental health is just as important as your physical health.
Taking the time to identify what you're feeling can help you cope when facing difficult or challenging situations.
Here are some tips to help when it comes to dealing with how you're feeling:
- Allow yourself to feel—Bottling up your emotions or giving into societal pressures don't help when dealing with stressful situations.
- Talk with someone you trust—You may find that people experience the similar situations and can offer you advice.
- Try writing down over the course of the day—It doesn't have to be long. It could be a few sentences or even just a bulleted list of expressing how you're feeling.
- See a mental health professional—Counselors and therapists are trained to help people. Check with your employer to see if they offer a limited number of free counseling sessions.
- Silver Oaks Behavioral Hospital offers free mental health assessments 24/7. Find out more info here: https://www.silveroaksbehavioralhospital.com/