Corporate Employee Matching Gift Programs: How does Silver Cross Benefit?
Corporate matching gift programs are charitable giving programs set up by corporations in which the company matches the donations made by employees to eligible no-t-for-profit organizations including the Silver Cross Foundation - the charitable fundraising arm for Silver Cross Hospital!
Thousands of companies offer matching gift programs. A few local examples include:
- Exelon – Matches donations dollar per dollar up to $2,000 every year per employee.
- ExxonMobil – Triples donations with a 2:1 match for donations of $20 to $7,500 annually.
- First Midwest Bank – Doubles employees’ annual donations of $25 to $250.
- Home Depot – Matches donations 1:1 up to $3,000 annually per full and part-time employee.
- McDonald’s – Matches full and part-time employees’ $50 to $10,000 annual donation.
- Nicor Gas – Doubles employees’ $25 to $5,000 donation every year.
- State Farm Insurance – Matches every dollar up to $3,000 for current and retired employees
- Walmart Stores & Sam’s Club – Quadruples donations with 3:1 match up to $25,000 annually per employee.
The impact of these programs can be substantial! Microsoft has been known to match over $48 million worth of employee donations to 501(c)(3) nonprofits – like the Silver Cross Foundation, in a single year. Did you know that more than 18 million employees work for companies with matching gift programs? You – your spouse or loved one, might be one of them.
Want to help Silver Cross?
Increasing revenue with matching gifts isn’t too tricky, but we need your help. Every dollar donated is invested in Silver Cross Hospital to provide new programs and services such as structural heart surgery and Will County’s first neonatal intensive care unit, continuing educational scholarships for your caregivers, and virtual access to high quality healthcare.
Click here to instantly assess your matching gift eligibility and gain access to detailed corporate giving information about your employer by searching our database of companies with matching gift programs. You may also want to check on behalf of your spouse and/or child’s employers. Some companies even match donations for retirees.
If your company isn’t listed, make sure to check with your company’s HR department as there are additional companies who offer employee giving programs.
We wish we could submit the required form for you, but unfortunately the employee must submit the matching gift request. We do, however, provide links to access the necessary forms for eligible companies. We appreciate you taking five minutes to double your donation to the Silver Cross Foundation.
For more information, contact Susan Cusick at (815) 300-3942.