Call 911 if you are (or think you are) experiencing a life-threatening emergency.
Why Choose Silver Cross for Emergency Care?
Silver Cross Hospital's state-of-the-art Emergency Department (ED) provides advanced care to more than 70,000 patients a year 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are equipped to handle all types of medical emergencies, injuries, and illnesses. You will be cared for in private rooms with space for your family members. And to help expedite care, lab and imaging services are conveniently located nearby.
At the Silver Cross Emergency Department, you’ll find:
- A state-designated Level II Trauma Center.
- A designated Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission.
- An Emergency Department approved for Pediatrics by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- A staff of board-certified emergency medicine doctor*, advanced practice nurses, registered nurses and staff specially trained in the emergency treatment of adults, children, and infants.
- An emergency team with the professional backing of over 800 doctors including pediatric specialists with the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago. These specialists are at Silver Cross Hospital 24/7 to consult when necessary.
- The resource hospital for the Silver Cross Emergency Medical Services (EMS) System training paramedics and first responders with over 30 fire department and ambulance services.
Award-Winning Care with Your Comfort in Mind
The Silver Cross Emergency Department was planned with your comfort in mind. Our 34 patient rooms and 4 trauma rooms are glass-enclosed for noise reduction and privacy, and have mobile furniture to bring in lifesaving equipment and medical supplies.
- Convenient access to your electronic medical records through MYSilverCross. And with Walgreens onsite, you can get any prescribed medications before you leave.
- Award-Winning Emergency Care. Silver Cross has received the following recognitions for the exceptional Emergency Care given to our patients: Southwest Choice Award 2019, Daily Southtown Winner - Best of Chicago's Southland 2018 and the Leadership in Innovation Award from The Chicago Healthcare Executive’s Forum.
For your convenience, Silver Cross operates two Emergency Departments: one at the main hospital campus in New Lenox and a second at our freestanding emergency center in Homer Glen.
Silver Cross Hospital
1900 Silver Cross Blvd., New Lenox, IL 60451
(I-355 & Route 6)
Silver Cross Emergency Care Center
12701 W. 143rd St., Homer Glen, IL 60491
(143rd St. & Bell Rd.)
Conditions We Treat
• Abdominal pain
• Allergic reactions
• Chest pain
• Difficulty speaking, change in vision
• Fainting, sudden dizziness, weakness
• Flu symptoms
• Food poisoning
• Severe cuts and lacerations
• Shortness of breath
• Sports injuries
• Sprains, strains, and broken bones
• Stomach and gastrointestinal pain
• Sudden or severe pain
• Uncontrolled bleeding
• Work-related injuries
Please check with your insurance company before an emergency situation occurs, so you'll be familiar with your plan's coverage.
*Physicians on Silver Cross Hospital’s Medical Staff have expertise in their areas of practice to meet the needs of patients seeking their care. These physicians are independent practitioners on the Medical Staff and are not the agents or employees of Silver Cross Hospital. They treat patients based upon their independent medical judgment and they bill patients separately for their services.