Comprehensive Care in Your Home
Did you know that patients recovering at home heal faster? Silver Cross Home Health Care offers comprehensive in-home services for you to complete your recovery in the comfort of your own home. Our expert staff provides a full range of skilled services and wound care supplies to make getting better at home easier.
Silver Cross Home Health Care is:
- Licensed by the Illinois Department of Public Health
- The first home health agency in the area to be accredited by the Joint Commission for Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
- Member of the National Association of Home Care
- Member of the Illinois Home Care Council
Home Care Qualifications and Cost
To qualify for home care services, you must be a Medicare patient who is homebound, in need of intermittent care, and under the care of a doctor. In addition, if you require professional medical assistance to remain at home, you may request our services. We can also care for you if you have come from other healthcare facilities and reside in Will and Southwest Cook counties. Medicare, Medicaid, HMOs, and various private insurance companies usually cover costs. Our staff will help research your coverage prior to beginning services.
Personalized Care Plan
Our nurses will assess your health status and provide an individualized plan that includes skilled nursing services such as wound care, catheter care, injections, infusion therapy, and medication management. In addition, they will:
- Carefully monitor your progress and report any changes in your condition to your doctor.
- Teach you or your caregiver how to manage your health care needs independently.
Treatment & Services
Our clinicians offer the following Medicare-covered services:
- Catheter maintenance
- CHF, COPD, diabetes
- Chronic disease management
- Negative pressure
- Nutrition instruction
- Orthopedic care after surgery
- Physical and occupational therapies
- Medication management
- Skilled nursing
- Speech therapy
- TeleHealth Services
- Tube feeding
- Wound care and therapy
Silver Cross Home Health Care also offers the Lifeline medical alert program. The Lifeline program provides medical alert services for millions of people age 65 or older to preserve independence and quality of life. By simply touching the Personal Help Button on a small device worn by the homeowner, a Lifeline representative immediately responds 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, connecting you with the help you need, whether it be emergency services, or a family member or friend. If you need Lifeline services, call the Silver Cross Volunteer Services Office at (815) 300-7630.
Experience & Expertise
Silver Cross Home Health Care is committed to quality and has partnered with the Illinois Foundation for Quality Health Care (IFQHC) utilizing best practices to improve our patient outcomes.
You can feel confident you’ll get excellent care at Silver Cross Home Health Care because we:
- Received the Home Health Quality Improvement (HHQI) Seal of Recognition recognizing us as a Premier Agency.
- Are ranked among the Top 25% of Providers in the Country for the eleventh year in a row! Silver Cross Home Health has been named a Top Agency of the 2019 HomeCare Elite®, a recognition of the top-performing home health agencies in the United States.
Need a Doctor?
We can help you find a doctor that specializes in Diabetes Care. Search our online Physician Directory