You can receive thorough Infusion Therapy at the Outpatient Infusion Center at Silver Cross Hospital. For your convenience, we offer frequent infusions of medications, including those with central lines. We can help you if you:
- Have blood disorders
- Require intravenous antibiotics
- Need frequent medication injections
- Require intravenous treatments, but aren’t hospitalized
What to Expect During Infusion Therapy
The Outpatient Infusion Center specializes in intravenous (IV) treatments in a relaxed, private setting.
- You’ll receive your infusion in a comfortable recliner in a private treatment bay.
- You can watch television, listen to music, read or just relax.
- Central line catheter care
- Hydration therapy
- IV antibiotic therapy
- IV immune globulin
- Intramuscular injections
- Monoclonal antibodies
- Subcutaneous injections
- Therapeutic phlebotomy
- Transfusions of blood products
Tailored Services to Meet Your Needs
To create an optimal care experience, our team:
- Provides assessment and evaluations
- Supplies educational and instructional materials
- Provides updates to your primary doctor
- Collaborates with your doctor to promote the best treatment outcomes
- Provides thorough documentation, including progress notes, nursing assessments and discharge summaries
Infusion services are provided by experienced nurse clinicians who specialize in intravenous treatments. A clinical pharmacist is available to assist nursing staff.
The Outpatient Infusion Center is located in the Pavilion A, Suite 540 on the Silver Cross Hospital campus.
The center is open Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. to Noon, by appointment only.
We’ll work with you to find a treatment schedule that fits your daily lifestyle. And we encourage your family members to accompany you.