Our Commitment to Your Safety
At Silver Cross Hospital, your safety is our No. 1 priority. It guides every decision we make, and it reaches every corner of our hospital.
That’s why we have rigorous safety measures in place to protect our patients, visitors and staff. And that’s why we’ve earned Straight A’s for Patient Safety 11 times in a row.
We understand you may have concerns about coming to the hospital or a doctor’s office during the COVID-19 pandemic, but you have our assurance it is safe to come to Silver Cross. If you have a medical emergency or need to have surgery, don’t delay your care.
We’ve taken the following precautions to protect our patients and staff:
- Universal masking of all staff, patients and visitors. When you arrive at Silver Cross, you will be given a hospital-grade mask to wear. This gives an added level of protection for every person who comes into our hospital.
- Temperature Scanning at Entrances. All Silver Cross staff, volunteers and medical staff are required to have their temperatures when they report to work. In addition, all patients and visitors must have their temperature taken by a contactless infrared temperature scanner at all entrances and answer COVID-19 screening questions.
- Social Distancing in All Common Areas and Waiting Rooms. Our waiting areas throughout the hospital have been reconfigured to ensure that seating is at least 6 feet apart.
- Isolation of COVID-19 Patients. All known or suspected COVID-19 patients (even those who need surgery) are isolated from other patients in specially designed negative pressure rooms.
- Thorough Cleaning and Disinfection. All clinical areas are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after every patient encounter. This has been our practice long before the pandemic. In addition, we are putting additional focus on cleaning high-touch areas.
- Restricting Visitors to our Hospital and Emergency Department. By limiting visitation, we can maintain social distancing and help prevent exposure to COVID-19.
- Virtual Care and Video Visits. Many members of our medical staff now offer tele-visits and video visits. And we recently invested in Care Connect, a virtual care platform that allows you to get care from anywhere with visit and treatment plans available within an hour.
- COVID-19 Testing of All Surgical Patients. We have resumed offering elective surgeries and procedures. All pre-surgical patients are tested for COVID-19 within 72 hours of their procedure.
Do Not Delay Emergency Care
Because of rigorous safety measures, all Silver Cross locations remain safe places to seek care for emergency conditions. Do not delay care for emergency conditions. Call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency department immediately if you have the following symptoms:
- Chest pain
- Compound fracture (bone visible)
- Difficulty breathing
- Heart attack
- Ingestion of poisons
- Major head injuries
- Major trauma
- Severe abdominal pain
- Severe burns
- Uncontrollable bleeding