Expert Care Close to Home
As a parent or family member of a child, you can rest assured knowing that highly skilled Silver Cross specialists are available to treat your infant, toddler, tween or young adult close to home. Whether your child is in our Emergency Department or is admitted to our pediatrics unit, you can find comfort in knowing that our team of doctors and nurses specialize in caring for children.
Pediatric Certified Emergency Department
Silver Cross is certified by the Illinois Department of Public Health with having an Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics. This recognition benefits children because it:
- formally identifies Silver Cross as a hospital that provides the necessary resources and capabilities to address the emergency needs of critically ill and injured children.
- ensures that the hospital has a skilled staff, as well as state-of-the art facilities, equipment and supplies needed to provide a positive life-saving experience for our pediatric patients.
Advanced Inpatient Care with Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
When your child is ill or injured, you want the very best care as soon as possible. That kind of care is available 24 hours thanks to a partnership between Silver Cross Hospital and Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. Board-certified Lurie Children's pediatric doctors are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at Silver Cross Hospital to help children of all ages including newborns. Best of all, these specialists work in partnership with your child's regular pediatrician.
Safety and Support
Our unit includes two pediatric high-visibility rooms located directly across from the nurse’s station. These rooms have a video-monitoring feature for safety, especially when parents are unable to be at the bedside. In addition, our unit is equipped with multiple sets of secured doors that are used in conjunction with a security system for infant/child protection. As a parent, you are welcome to stay with your child at all times. However, other family members under age 18 are prohibited from spending the night.
Pediatric Room Details
- Each pediatric room has wireless internet, a 30” flat-screen TV system, and family-friendly décor with decorative colored lighting that can be controlled by your child.
- There is also a comfortable sofa-sleeper, so you can stay around the clock to support your child and be involved in the plan of care.
- A multi-purpose room is also available for education and family time.
Brighten your Child's Stay with a Pet Therapy Visit!
Nothing brings a smile like the wag of a friendly tail. That’s why Silver Cross Hospital offers a comprehensive Pet Therapy program for patients to experience the healing effects of a wagging tail.
- Request a Visit:
To schedule a visit from one of our Pet Therapy dogs, please contact (815) 300-7975.