Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation
Pelvic floor rehabilitation can help relieve pain, restore optimal function to muscles and joints, and help you make big physical improvements. Our Women’s Health Rehabilitation Program consists of a team of doctors and therapists with specialized training in pelvic-floor muscle disorders. They work together to develop a treatment plan tailored to each patient’s needs. A wide variety of treatment options are available to restore this source of inner strength for patients, including:
- Pelvic-floor muscle exercise and training
- Manual therapy, joint mobilization and myofascial manipulation
- Electrical stimulation
- Pain management
- Therapeutic exercise, strengthening and core stabilization
- Sport-specific strengthening and training
Who May Benefit from Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation?
Women’s Health Rehabilitation professionals can help women of any age, pregnant or not, experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Urinary incontinence
- Urinary urgency and frequency
- Pelvic pain
- Pain during intercourse
- Bladder pain
- Fecal/bowel incontinence
- Persistent low-back and pelvic-joint pain, despite previous treatment
How to Make an Appointment
We work with you and and your physician to quickly and easily take referrals and schedule you for treatment.
1. A physician writes a referral for physical therapy, occupational evaluation and treatment.
2. Next, you can call the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab at Silver Cross at (815) 300-7110 to schedule an initial evaluation at Silver Cross Hospital, New Lenox.
3. You will undergo a comprehensive physical therapy and/or occupational therapy evaluation.
4. After the initial appointment, the Women’s Health Rehabilitation team faxes the referring physician a consult report or a therapy plan of care including the evaluation findings, treatment plan and goals for therapy.
5. The physician signs and returns the therapy plan of care to the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab at Silver Cross via fax or mail.