Bladder and Bowel Dysfunctions
If bladder or bowel issues are holding you back from being as active as you would like, Shirley Ryan AbilityLab at Silver Cross has the key to unlocking your potential. Our evidence-based approach to therapy and customized patient treatment plans help you reach your goals and your highest level of ability.
If you are suffering from bladder issues and/or bowel issues due to age, illness, surgery, or pregnancy it is critical these problems be addressed to maintain the activities in life that are important to you. We provide treatment that goes beyond medical and surgical treatment options. Our physical therapists focus on helping you address your issues and achieve your personal goals.
Bladder and Bowel conditions treated:
- Stress Incontinence – Do you leak urine with cough, sneeze, or physical activity?
- Urge Incontinence – Do you leak before you get to the bathroom?
- Urinary Urgency – Do you have an intense urge to go to the bathroom?
- Urinary Frequency – Do you urinate 8+ times a day or 2+ times a night?
- Fecal Incontinence – Do you lose stools unintentionally?
- Constipation – Do you strain to have a bowel movement?
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, the physical therapists at Shirley Ryan AbilityLab at Silver Cross Hospital can help you.