Specialized & Compassionate Care:
If you need care for a hard-to-heal wound, the Silver Cross Wound Care Center can make your skin healthy again and improve your quality of life. Our certified wound care nurses treat various wound types, as well as provide continence care, and ostomy care for colostomy, ileostomy, urostomy, fistulas and leaking tube/drain sites.
Many factors such as inactivity, age, poor nutrition and chronic illnesses— such as diabetes or peripheral vascular disease, can affect wound healing. So, it’s important to address these issues to improve the body’s ability to heal.
Personalized Care Plan:
Since healing wounds is a complex process, our specially trained Certified Wound Ostomy Continence Nurses (CWOCNs) will evaluate you and develop an individual care plan specific to your needs.
Your plan will include:
- A diagnosis based on a detailed evaluation of your medical history, physical examination, lab results, and information from other tests if needed.
- Proper treatment, education and follow-up visits to help you get the best outcome - a healed wound. These specialists give you treatment options to best fit your personal needs.
Treatments & Services:
- Comprehensive assessment and recommendation for wound therapies
- Advanced wound care products
- Non-invasive vascular studies
- Compression therapy for venous ulcers
- Assessment and treatment of diabetic ulcers
- Prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers
- Care for draining wounds including surgical incisions and fistulas
- Cellulitis treatment
- Ostomy management
- Negative pressure therapy (Wound V.A.C.™)
- Evaluation and post-op care of skin substitutes
Steps to Get Treated:
You will need a physician referral to receive care at the Silver Cross Wound Care Center. HMO insurance requires pre-authorization from the primary physician. If you do not have a physician, search our online Physician Directory. Evaluation and Referral for treatment can be faxed to (815) 300-4969.