Childerguild was founded in 1910 by a group of women whose mission was to support the Women’s and Children’s Services at Silver Cross Hospital. Since those early years, many women have contributed their time and talents donating more than $4.5 million to support the Hospital.
Recent Donations to Silver Cross Hospital
- Neighborhood (12 patient rooms/nurses care station) in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- 3 Labor, Delivery & Recovery Rooms
- 2 Birthing Neds
- Portable Fetal Monitor Cart
- 2 Cardiac Patient Rooms
- Breast Ultrasound Equipment
- 3D Mammography Unit in the Center for Women’s Health
- Cesarean Section Operating Suite
- Special Care Nursery Upgrade
- Breast Milk Management System
- Childerguild also funds continuing education for Silver Cross nurses and other caregivers.
|Events Co-Vice Presidents:
||Karen Eckert & Kay Langlois
For membership opportunities, contact Volunteer Services at (815) 300-7117.