Volunteers Create the Experience
We have over 750 volunteers and several pet therapy dogs in 35 areas contributing thousands of service hours each year. They may be the first people you meet when you come to Silver Cross or assisting you throughout your stay. Whatever their role, volunteers provide an invaluable service that helps us to provide a unique healthcare experience for you and your loved ones.
Volunteering at Silver Cross Hospital offers you the opportunity to share your talents to help others while meeting new people. We provide orientation and training to help you make the most of your time while offering flexible hours to meet your scheduling needs.
Complete our Volunteer Interest Form.
You will receive a confirmation email upon successful submission. Applicants whose talents match our current needs will be contacted for an interview. At the interview, you’ll learn more about what’s required to get started.
- Must be at least 14 years.
- Parent or guardian’s permission if under age 18.
- Minimum of six-month commitment; four hours per week
- Blood draw Tuberculosis (TB) Screening
- Background check
- Purchase a uniform ($20)
- Attend an Orientation and Training Sessions
Our volunteers give their time in clerical, people/patient contact or physically active roles assisting with the following:
- Clerical/Office Support
- Driving the Courtesy Cart/Golf Cart
- Emergency Department
- Encore Resale Shop (requires Membership in Advisory Board)
- Escorting Patients and Visitors
- Greeting Patients and Visitors
- Gift Shop (requires Membership in Childerguild)
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
- Maternal/Child Unit
- Music Therapy for Cancer Patients
- Pastoral Care
- Patient Book Cart
- Patient Transport
- Pet Therapy Program
- Reception Desks
- Surgical Waiting Room