Toys and In-Kind Donations
Silver Cross Hospital depends on community generosity to help provide for the special needs of our patients year-round. Donations of NEW toys or gift certificates for the purchase of supplies go a long way.
You can find our most needed items on our Wish List (see below). If you choose to donate a toy, please leave it unwrapped so it is easy for us to identify quickly and share with our patients.
To protect the privacy of our patients and to control the spread of infection, we do not have opportunities for donors to personally distribute donations to patients, families, and caregivers.
Donations can be received at the Information Desk inside the main Silver Cross Hospital entrance, located at 1900 Silver Cross Blvd., New Lenox, IL.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a drop-off appointment, especially for large donations, please contact:
Development & Events Specialist
If you would like to mail your gift, please address the package to:
Silver Cross Foundation
1900 Silver Cross Blvd.
New Lenox, IL 60451
Keeping patients safe is our top priority. Before you give, check with the U.S. Consumer Safety Product Commission. Also, please remember that we can only accept recently purchased, unwrapped gifts.
For the safety of our patients, Silver Cross follows strict donation guidelines, especially when it comes to stuffed animals and other soft-surface items. We ask that donated stuffed animals be brand new and recently purchased. Please note that we cannot accept soft toys that have been in someone’s possession (collection, storage, display, etc.), even if they’ve never been played with.
All items should have tags and/or be in the original packaging. All opened or used items will be donated to the Silver Cross Encore Shop.
We cannot accept:
- Toy weapons
- Breakable items including porcelain, glass, handmade wooden toys, and collectible items
- Food, candy, and formula
- Items that have been exposed to smoke or other strong scents
- Rubber/latex balloons
- Play-Doh and Slime
- Toys, books, and movies with sensitive issues (i.e. violence, weapons)
- Medical equipment such as wheelchairs, walkers, canes
- Action Figures
- Art Kits
- Baby Mozart Music Cubes
- Barbie and Accessories
- Books (English & Spanish)
- Coloring Books
- Crayola Crayons, Markers, Colored Pencils
- Crib Soothers and Sound Machines
- Crib Toys
- Crossword, Word Search & Soduko Books
- Fisher-Price Infant and Toddler Toys
- Electronic Educational Toys with Batteries
- Games – Board and Hand-held
- Gift Cards (Target, Walmart, Amazon, Visa, etc.)
- Headphones and Adapters
- Hot Wheels & Match Box Cars
- Light-up and Musical Toys
- Magna Doodle/Etch-a-Sketch
- Mini Lego Kits
- Phone Chargers
- Plastic Animals and Dinosaurs
- Plastic Infant Rattles
- Portable DVD Players
- Puzzles (25-100 pieces)
- Sticker Sets
- Superhero Toys
- UNO and Playing Cards