Our Volunteers #Inspire Us Each and Every Day!
More than 650 strong, our Silver Cross volunteers are an #Inspiration to our patients, our employees and each other. Together, they share their time and talents through thousands of invaluable service hours each year. They're often the first people you meet when you come to Silver Cross and the last to wave a friendly good-bye when you leave. Whatever their role, our volunteers provide a unique and caring experience for you and your loved ones every time you walk through our door.
#Inspired to Volunteer?
Volunteering at Silver Cross Hospital offers an opportunity to share your talents while meeting other people who share your passion for service. We provide orientation and training to help you make the most of your time here and offer flexible hours to meet your scheduling needs, whatever they may be.
Click to enlarge.
Complete our Volunteer Interest Form.
You will receive a confirmation email upon successful submission. Applicants whose talents match our current needs will be contacted for an interview. At the interview, you’ll learn more about what’s required to get started.
- Must be at least 14 years.
- Parent or guardian’s permission if under age 18.
- Minimum of six-month commitment; four hours per week
- Blood draw Tuberculosis (TB) Screening
- Background check
- Purchase a uniform ($20)
- Attend an Orientation and Training Sessions
Our volunteers give their time in clerical, people/patient contact or physically active roles assisting with the following:
- Clerical/Office Support
- Driving the Courtesy Cart/Golf Cart
- Emergency Department
- Encore Resale Shop (requires Membership in Advisory Board)
- Escorting Patients and Visitors
- Greeting Patients and Visitors
- Gift Shop (requires Membership in Childerguild)
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
- Maternal/Child Unit
- Music Therapy for Cancer Patients
- Pastoral Care
- Patient Book Cart
- Patient Transport
- Pet Therapy Program
- Reception Desks
- Surgical Waiting Room