Incontinence & Pelvic Floor Disorders
Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation
Pelvic floor rehabilitation can help relieve pain and restore optimal function to muscles and joints, enabling wide-ranging physical improvements. The Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago's Women’s Health Rehabilitation Program at Silver Cross Hospital consists of a team of physicians and therapists who have specialized training in pelvic-floor muscle disorders. They work together to develop a treatment plan tailored to each patient’s needs. A wide variety of treatment options are available to restore this source of inner strength for patients, including:
- Pelvic-floor muscle exercise and training
- Manual therapy, joint mobilization and myofascial manipulation
- Electrical stimulation
- Pain management
- Therapeutic exercise, strengthening and core stabilization
- Sport-specific strengthening and training
Who May Benefit from Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation?
Women’s Health Rehabilitation professionals can help women of any age, pregnant or not, experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Urinary incontinence
- Urinary urgency and frequency
- Pelvic pain
- Pain during intercourse
- Bladder pain
- Fecal/bowel incontinence
- Persistent low-back and pelvic-joint pain, despite previous treatment
How to Make an Appointment
We work with you and and your physician to quickly and easily take referrals and schedule you for treatment.
1. A physician writes a referral for physical therapy, occupational evaluation and treatment.
2. You then call RIC at Silver Cross at (815) 300-7110 to schedule an initial evaluation at Silver Cross Hospital, New Lenox.
3. You will undergoe a comprehensive physical therapy and/or occupational therapy evaluation.
4. After the initial appointment, the Women’s Health Rehabilitation team faxes the referring physician a consult report or a therapy plan of care including the evaluation findings, treatment plan and goals for therapy.
5. The physician signs and returns the therapy plan of care to RIC at Silver Cross via fax or mail.
The Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago at Silver Cross Hospital offers free screenings for women six weeks to one-year post-childbirth.