Updated Visitor Policy
At Silver Cross Hospital, our No. 1 priority is to keep our community safe and healthy – this includes our patients, visitors and caregivers.
Out of an abundance of caution, and effective immediately and until further notice, Silver Cross is restricting visitation in our hospital and outpatient departments, including the emergency department.
Additionally, in an effort to protect our patients and staff, our reception desk cannot accept or deliver outside food, flowers or other personal items for inpatients at this time.
We understand this change may represent a significant hardship for both patients and families. This was a difficult decision, understanding the importance of loved ones being a part of the healing process, but one we feel is critically important to protect the patients who have entrusted us with their care. We encourage inpatients to connect with family and friends by their individual mobile and internet-connected devices.
If you are allowed to visit due to an exception you will be screened.
The following changes have been implemented, including shortened visitor hours from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday:
- All visitors must pass a health screening.
- No one under the age of 18 may visit.
- No visitors will be allowed in inpatient, outpatient and emergency departments. Please note these exceptions:
- Outpatient Surgery – one support person allowed as determined on a case-by-case basis
- Outpatient Testing – one support person as determined on a case-by-case basis and managed by the care team and leadership
- Emergency Department – one support person determined on a case-by-case basis and managed by the care team and department leadership
- While in Labor and Delivery, patients may have one partner (same person) and one doula if needed.
- Patients in the Mother Baby Unit may have one visitor.
- Pediatric patient population may have one visitor.
- Critically ill/end-of-life situations; the number of visitors determined on a case-by-case basis and department leadership.
- One caregiver necessary for the safety of the patient as determined on a case-by-case basis and department leadership.
- The public will NOT be allowed to wait in the hospital lobby.
This situation is evolving rapidly, so please check our website at silvercross.org for additional updates to our policy.
Revised Building Access Policy
Please be advised that Silver Cross Hospital, the Emergency Department, attached Pavilions A, B, and the Cancer Center are restricting access and are screening all patients and visitors.