Top Tips to Get Moving for 5 Minutes
Being active for any amount of time is a great way to improve and maintain physical and mental health. Something is better than nothing which means that no activity is too short! In fact, getting up and moving for just 5 minutes at a time can drastically impact your overall health and wellness so here are 5 tips and tricks you can use as motivation and inspiration:
- Set reminders: Use your smartphone or smartwatch to set reminders to stand up and move around through the day. Simply use the reminders’ function or look for an app to help!
- Choose the stairs over the elevator or escalator.
- Park in the farthest spot in the parking lot and walk to the storefront or office building.
- Take a “walk break” instead of a coffee break to boost energy and creativity.
- Try a high intensity interval training program that provide the benefits of exercise in short amount of time.
As the American Heart Association says, even if you have been sedentary for years, this is your sign, today is your day to begin making healthy changes in your life! Check out the American Heart Association website for additional information and resources to get you on the right path for a healthier lifestyle.